Bus Grant Guidelines
ArtsBusXpress is a unique initiative that raises money in the community to underwrite arts field trips for K-12 schoolchildren in San Diego County. Buses are secured by the teachers through their District's Transportation Department.
Here are some important Guidelines for submitting a Bus Grant:
- Grants to schools in San Diego Unified School District (San Diego City Schools) will be awarded a bus grant up to $200.00 per bus.
- Grants for all San Diego county schools will be awarded a maximum bus grant of up to $300 per bus.
- Complete a Bus Grant Application and submit it on-line.
- Submit your Bus Grant request at least three weeks before field trip. Grants received past the deadline may be declined.
- You will notified of ArtsBusXpress' decision within two weeks (14 Days) from the date your application is received.
- Grants are made on a first-come, first-served basis and we encourage you to apply in advance of your desired trip.
- For grants that are awarded, an invoice must be submitted to ArtsBusXpress for reimbursement within forty-five (45) days of the date the field trip was completed. ArtsBusXpress will reimburse invoice within ninety (90) days of receipt.
- Schools schedule field trips and field trip transportation according to their district policies, and teachers are asked to contact their schools transportation department to arrange for the buses.
- ArtsBusXpress does not have a bus and provides only the funding to cover schools transportation costs.
- ArtsBusXpress cannot assume any unexpected costs resulting from trip delays or changes in schedules, and does not pay late fees.
- Proposed fieldtrips must align with San Diego City and County Schools District standards, and educational goals need to be clearly presented by the teacher on the Bus Grant Application.
- After the trip teachers are encouraged to send student letters, drawings, digital photos and poems about their arts experience to ArtsBusXpress. These inspire new donors to keep the buses rolling. Teacher reports can also provide compelling evidence for grant applications. Please mail to: ArtsBusXpress, 4010 Sorrento Valley Blvd. #400, San Diego, CA, 92121
All questions and comments should be directed to (858) 273-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to send a fax, please dial (858) 762-4601.